Rantings of the disappointed believer

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

I have recently been hanging out with a girl from my hometown. To be clear, she is not a girlfriend, but a girl who is a friend. People tend to make assumptions, and I like to be clear enough to avoid the gossip.

We took the opportunity to look at some houses today, as we are both in situations where we might consider buying our own homes. I love looking at new homes, and I think I have turned my friend on to a new hobby. Perhaps I should think of a career in real estate.

Time to address a new god-head. This one is Freya (or Freja, depending on dialect). She is the goddess of the household. Most people think she god-heads love (Balder, again) or fertility (Frigg, or Frikk, her brother, I think). Certainly Freya is the one for household.

It would seem that finding a place to have a home is increasingly more difficult. Real estate really took off in the past years, and finding a home is outragious. Needless to say, a lot of exploration is required.

Oh, yeah, my friend. I took her home this afternoon, and she proceeded to tell her grandmother about these houses we saw. I have never in my life heard such an argument, but that's a story I'm not telling here. The coolest part was watching my friend set her mind. She'll get a house, and I think it will be soon. The whole idea came over her like a crazed infection. Truly amazing.

I've seen people have religious experiences. I have seen the transformation when someone gets saved, or takes re-birthing. I have seen the life of a friend change as the power of a god or goddess consumes them. And I saw it again a few hours ago. Wow, I'm really pleased for her.

2 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, Blogger Adam Byrn "Adamus" Tritt said...

Nicely done.

I know the transoformation of which you speak.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Jennie said...

We've been trying to reach you for weeks, dude.

Please call us. We're getting worried.

BTW, you write the most awesome stuff!

Jennie & J.D.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home